Citizens Advice Hart provides free, confidential, independent, impartial advice. Our service is open to all.
We operate our services from the Civic Offices in Harlington Way, where we answer phone calls to our Adviceline number 0808 278 7864 and see clients during drop-in sessions and by appointment. We also do outreach work at different locations across the district.
Our office and outreach venue addresses can be found on our website – through the contact us page or via clicking the Outreach button below in ‘Our Projects.’
Our Services & Projects
Our fantastic staff and team of 40+ volunteers deliver advice services; most of our CORE work involves helping residents with welfare benefits, debt and housing cases. We also help with issues encompassing relationships, employment, immigration and consumer law.
Clients can access the service in person, by phone or through digital channels.
All clients receive an initial assessment on their first contact with the service. The assessment aims to briefly explore the client’s problem and find the best way forward suited to the case and the client’s capacity to take action. Following this, we may give clients information and advice or book an appointment with one of our advisers.
We regularly advocate for those who are vulnerable through physical or mental health issues, language barriers, digital exclusion or other adverse personal circumstances. However, sometimes, we may be required to signpost or refer to an external organisation better placed to deal with a specific issue or area of the law.
Promoting Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI)
- We are an inclusive organisation promoting equality by making the service accessible to everyone. We actively challenge discrimination in all its forms (e.g. race, gender, sexuality, faith, age, disability, etc.) to shape thriving inclusive communities.
- We promote social justice by providing free, impartial, independent, confidential advice that enables our communities to build independence and resilience.
- In carrying out their roles, Citizens Advice staff ensure they build core values into all their work and future plans.
- Focus on customers
- Achieve results
- Continuously improve
- Promote equality and fairness
- Value each other
- Work together
- We give people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are and whatever their problem.
- We improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.
- The Citizens Advice service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.
- We help people overcome their problems.
- We campaign on big issues when they need to be heard.
- We champion equality and challenge discrimination and harassment.
Don’t delay, contact us today so we can help get you back on the right track.