Hart Citizens Advice provides a service to the local community that:
- Seeks to empower our clients by providing them with information and knowledge to find a way forward
- Provides a free impartial, independent and confidential service
- Helps our clients overcome their problems
- Works with the local authority to provide money advice to those at risk of homelessness
- Works with our own specialists to provide debt management and money advice as well as employment issue advice and assistance
- Works with the local job centres to deliver the Help to Claim Universal Credit service
- Continues to be a member of the Hampshire Macmillan Service for those clients living with cancer
- Working with the Joining Forces for Families advisers to provide advice and support services to serving armed forces personnel and their families
- Championing equality and challenging discrimination and harassment in all its forms both at a local and national level
- Campaigning on the big issues when they need to be heard
- We offer a drop-in service at our offices in Fleet and Yateley and at outreach locations around the Hart District
- In addition to this we can make reasonable adaptions for those who may need additional support or help with reading or writing, have hearing or sight problems, English not being your first language or have mobility issues
“We are pleased to fund and support the work of Citizens Advice Hart who provide vital advice and assistance to our residents, helping them to overcome a range of issues that impact their daily lives such as debt, landlord disputes, homelessness and employment. We work closely with their dedicated team of staff and volunteers to enable residents to live safely and independently and help our most vulnerable residents to get the support they need, when they need it.”
Patricia Hughes, Joint Chief Executive, Hart District Council
What people are saying
Thank you for all your help and advice throughout this process. I really do appreciate everything you have done to help.
Thank you so much for securing the fuel vouchers.
You gave me some advice re PIP a while back and it's just to say thank you so much with your assistance in the matter regarding PIP. I've had a fantastic outcome which I'm so pleased about!
Fantastic, thank you!
I am just writing to say thank you for your excellent service today. I have had written correspondence and a phone call from your employment specialist, very professional and a wealth of knowledge.
Thanks for your help with my recent lock problem. You’re a star!