Help to Claim Assessor
Hours: 18.1 hours per week (09:00 – 17:00) worked over 3 – 4 days
Location: Hart District
Start date: 1st July 2021 fixed term until 31 March 2022
Training available from 1st June 2021
Pay: £20,000 – £22,000 FTE Pro Rata
Our standard terms and conditions include:-
37.5 hours is an FTE working week 09:00 to 17:00 with a 30-minute lunch break
33 days holiday including bank holidays
5% employer pension contribution to Peoples Pension workplace pension scheme with a 3% minimum employee contribution
We are looking for an adviser with good IT skills to support clients to make and complete their new Universal Credit claim, as well as a commitment to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice Service.
To be successful we would like you to demonstrate the following criteria:-
- Ability to use sensitive listening and questioning skills to get to the root of the issues and empower clients, whilst maintaining structure and control of meetings with them
- Ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively and a willingness to challenge constructively
- Ability to use telephony and IT systems to deliver services across multiple channels for example webchat and telephone
- Ability to use IT systems and packages, and resources in the provision of advice, record keeping and document production
- Good IT knowledge with an ability to support clients with their online claim application
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- A commitment to continuous professional development, including a willingness to develop knowledge and skills in advice topics
- Ability to work in outreach settings with an understanding of information assurance and safety in those settings
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with external stakeholders
- Ability to commit to and work with the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service
- A good up to date understanding of equality and diversity and its application to the provision of advice
- Ability to monitor and maintain standards for advice provision and quality assurance
In addition, it would be useful to have:-
- Knowledge of the benefits systems
- Ability to carry out accurate benefit check calculations
- Basic knowledge of multiple enquiry areas to aid with identifying emergencies and making referrals where appropriate
We welcome diversity both in our people and our thinking. We welcome applications from within and outside of the charity and advice sector from those who desire to serve their community and want to make a difference. Full training is included and we strive for everyone to succeed to be the best they can be.
We are keen to fill this role as soon as possible so will be considering applications as they come in. The post will close once the position is filled.
Interview date: To be arranged following application.
Completed applications should be submitted to Samantha Mabbott Chief Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org