Money Advice Adviser
Money Advice Adviser
Fixed Term until end March 2021
22.5 hours a week (FTE £23,000 pro-rata £13,800p.a.)
25 days holiday + bank holidays ( pro-rata)
Citizens Advice Hart is a charity and part of the national Citizens Advice network. We provide a free, independent impartial and confidential advice service to around 2,700 people each year through face to face appointments, webchat, email and telephone. We help our clients find a way forward with a range of problems including accessing welfare benefits, managing debt, resolving employment and relationship and housing issues. Our Homelessness Prevention service has been running for several years working closely with our local authority’s housing team.
In this role you will be provide advice and casework to those at risk of homelessness caused by rent or mortgage arrears. You will need to explore all the options and solutions available to clients to enable client to remain in their property, such as debt management plan, independent voluntary arrangements, bankruptcy, debt relief orders, and other schemes. You will need to attend and support client through the court proceedings and to negotiate with the creditors to agree a settlement and a positive outcome for the client.
Your main purpose will be:
- Act for the client where necessary by calculating options and negotiating with third parties as appropriate.
- Ensure income maximisation through the take up of appropriate benefits
- Prepare and present cases to the appropriate statutory bodies, tribunals and courts as appropriate.
- Ensure that all casework meets the quality standards required by the FCA, Citizens Advice and Advice Quality Standard
- Maintain case records for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, and statistical monitoring and report preparation.
You will be able to demonstrate good aural, written communications skills and numeracy.
This is a great opportunity to apply your professional skills and knowledge to a not for profit organisation that makes a real difference to people’s lives.
Closing date for applications is 13th December 2019 with interviews on the 13th January 2020
We value diversity, promote equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.