Volunteering as part of our telephone advice team, helping people with the problems they face, providing information from our public information website.
We train our telephone assessor, which help in developing the skills needed to deliver an excellent level of service to our clients.
As a telephone assessor you’d:
• Be the first point of access for Citizens Advice clients and when they call our national telephone service number
• Help with a wide range of problems and issues our clients face
• Support the general public across all ages and backgrounds
• Give information from our Citizens Advice online information system and other sources to our clients
• Refer our clients to more specialist advice where needed
• Keep records of all our clients cases on the database
• Help prevent future problems for wider society by identifying issues that affect alot of our clients.
• Attend internal and external training courses (travel expenses will be reimbursed).
Research and Campaign –
• Help to identify unjust practices.
• Provide information about clients’ circumstances through the appropriate channel.
Personal Skills and Qualities:
• Be good at listening
• Have a good telephone manner
• Be confident or familiar with keyboard skills, including searching the internet
• Be confident inputting data
• Maintain case records
• Being open minded, approachable and not judge clients.
• Enjoy helping people.
• Respect for views, values and cultures that are different to their own.
You could do this role if you are available to volunteer for 3.5 hours a week
We provide comprehensive training that will give you the skills you need to deliver a high quality service to clients. Our up-to-the-minute electronic information system contains most of the information you will need when advising clients. You won’t be left alone after you are trained. There will always be a more experienced staff and volunteers, who will give you support, advice and guidance.
All assessors are insured by Citizens Advice in case mistakes are made. Once you have qualified you will have the opportunity to develop further skills and increase the depth and breadth of your knowledge.
If you would like to apply please feel free to complete and upload our volunteer application form; which to accessible here:
Volunteer Advice Session Supervisor
Volunteer Advice Session Supervisor What will you do? support advisers and assessors to give good quality information and advice to clients by providing an appropriate level of support and supervision.
Families Champion - Joining Forces for Families Project
Role: Families’ Champion Joining Forces for Families is an Armed Forces Covenant funded project aimed at providing families of serving armed forces personnel with independent free and confidential advice and
Volunteer Research and Campaigns Coordinator
Volunteer Research and Campaigns Coordinator Make a real difference to the lives of people in your community! Would you like to be part of fostering real change and resolving community