Volunteer Research and Campaigns Coordinator
Make a real difference to the lives of people in your community!
- Would you like to be part of fostering real change and resolving community issues from within Citizens Advice?
- Does developing or using existing skills in research and campaigning sound appealing?
- Would working in a close team and learning more about the crucial work of Citizens Advice interest you?
At Citizen’s Advice Hart we are seeking motivated and passionate individuals willing to volunteer for us in the role of Research and Campaigns Coordinator.
What is the aim of the Research and Campaigns Coordinator?
As the Research and Campaigns Co-ordinator, you will be key in helping to deliver Citizens Advice strategic objective, ‘making us more influential’.
The role will involve identifying common problems experienced by people using the services of Citizen’s Advice and campaigning on their behalf to foster change.
What will you do as Research and Campaigns Coordinator?
- Identify common and unfair problems clients seek assistance with from Citizens Advice.
- Communicate with other members of the team at Citizens Advice about the problems identified, their impact on clients and how they might be resolved.
- Generate campaigns over a range of platforms to raise public or political awareness of identified issues.
- Organise direct campaigns aiming for positive change at public, organisational or political levels which would resolve the issues faced.
- Deliver national Citizens Advice research at a local level, for example by completing surveys with clients about the impact of a certain issue on their lives.
- Be a cheerleader for research and campaign activities to your colleagues within Citizens Advice Hart, encouraging their involvement.
Do you fit the role of Research and Campaigns Coordinator?
We want to hear from you if you fit the following basic requirements:
- You are friendly and approachable.
- You do not judge others of differing views, cultures or values to your own.
- You can offer a range of communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You can make complicated information easy to understand for others.
- You have good IT skills.
- You are enthusiastic and enjoy motivating others while fostering change.
- You are willing to undertake training about Citizens Advice and our aims, policies and principles, in addition to role-specific training.
What are the benefits to you of volunteering as Research & Campaigns Coordinator?
Volunteering for Citizens Advice in the role of Research & Campaigns Coordinator comes with a range of direct benefits to you.
- The knowledge that your work is making a direct and real impact on the lives of others.
- Building expertise in a range of areas that impact people in your community, including benefits, debt and housing.
- Developing your skills in communication, research and campaigning while working with a diverse range of clients.
- Being part of a wider team within Citizens Advice Hart; developing relationships with and having a positive impact on your fellow volunteers.
- Gaining experience, skills and expertise for your CV that will be transferable to a wide range of other positions and impress any future employer.
- Reimbursement of any expenses.
So… are you ready to apply for this valuable and crucial role?
WE NEED YOU!
If you can offer just six hours a week (although this can be flexible) then please apply now by using the application attached below or if you simply want to find out more give us a call on 01252878435
Our Receptionists are the public face of every local Citizens Advice, managing ‘front-of-house’ based on the information given by the advice session supervisor. Depending on the size and resources of
Advice Assessor - Joining Forces for Families - Paid
A brand new and groundbreaking project is recruiting Advice Assessor £18,500 FTE ( pro-rata £7,400) +5% pension contribution 15 hours a week (Monday or a Friday required in work
Advice Session Supervisor - Paid
Advice Service Supervisor Permanent role – 22.5 hours a week (3 days 0900-1700) £23,000 FTE (pro rata) + 5% pension contribution 33 days holiday (inc bank holidays ) pro-rata
Research and campaigns volunteer
As the Research and Campaigns Volunteer, you will be key in helping to deliver Citizens Advice Hart strategic objective, ‘making us more influential’. The role will involve identifying common problems