Volunteer Advice Session Supervisor
What will you do?
- support advisers and assessors to give good quality information and advice to clients by providing an appropriate level of support and supervision. The level of support required will depend on the assessor/advisers’ level of experience and competence.
- identify areas where advisers or assessors may need more training and share this information with the service manager.
- complete training for your role. There is a large amount of training support available for supervisors
- There will always be support on hand, in person or over the telephone, from another supervisor or service manager.
What’s in it for you?
- make a positive impact on someone else’s experience of volunteering with the local Citizens Advice
- meet people and build relationships with new volunteers
- make a real difference to the lives of clients through ensuring good quality advice
- expand your existing knowledge
- build on your existing communication skills including giving feedback
- increase your employ-ability
And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
What do you need to have?
You’ll need to be:
- competent as an adviser, or willing to train, and have recent experience of giving advice
- friendly and approachable
- non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good listening skills and be able to understand information and explain it to others
- able to keep calm in busy and pressured situations
- confident and assertive
- able to use IT and help others to use local Citizens Advice systems to find information and write client case notes
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
Ideally we ask for 8 hours per week to cover one advice session 9 – 4.
We can be flexible so come and talk to us.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org