Front of House Volunteer
If you aged 16 or above and you want to:
- Develop skills for your CV that will put you ahead of the competition on any job or university application
- Gain experience working in a professional environment with a knowledgeable team of staff and volunteers.
- Develop communication and listening skills vital for any future work
You should volunteer for Citizens Advice Hart! Vacancies currently available in both our Yateley and Fleet offices.
Volunteering with us is a great opportunity to prepare for your future career or academic future. Plus your time will help to make a difference to people’s lives.
We would love to hear from you if you can offer us just three hours a week or more to join our Volunteer Team.
If you meet the following criteria (and we know you do!) then you will be a great fit for this role:
- You can be polite and respectful to members of the public
- You have basic level of IT skills and learning new ones comes naturally to you
- You understand the importance of confidentiality (what happens at Citizens Advice, stays within Citizens Advice)
- You are friendly, welcoming and helpful.
In any given shift you will be responsible for the following:
- Greeting clients and other visitors when they arrive.
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with them in a professional manner.
- Ensuring that clients waiting in the reception area are informed of how long they might wait and answering any questions they have.
- Directing clients to appropriate leaflets or other sources of information that may be of benefit to them.
- Keeping our computer information systems up to date
- Maintaining the reception area – doing a bit of tidying up when it is needed!
Volunteering will give you valuable transferable skills- you’ll build your confidence confidence, get experience of working as part of a team and go away with an understanding of how a national charity like Citizens Advice works at a local level.
Don’t take our word for it though- here is Bridget’s experience:
“I came across the CAB for extra volunteering as part of my CV and I keep coming back!…
I have spent time seeing and understanding cases myself, due to volunteers’ guidance.
My knowledge and comprehension of problems, processes and procedures grow every time, with each day being unique.
Nothing fails to intrigue me….
Everyone needs help at times and knowing this service is available for anyone and everyone is truly extraordinary; I think being a part of this service can make the biggest difference to every individual’s life.”
(Bridget, college student and volunteer with Citizens Advice Hart)
Do you want to know more? Give us a call on 01252 878435 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have an informal chat and arrange to come down to meet us (don’t worry – we only bite when we run out of biscuits!!!).
Alternatively apply now by completing the below volunteer application form and returning it to email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you.
Our Receptionists are the public face of every local Citizens Advice, managing ‘front-of-house’ based on the information given by the advice session supervisor. Depending on the size and resources of
Research and campaigns volunteer
As the Research and Campaigns Volunteer, you will be key in helping to deliver Citizens Advice Hart strategic objective, ‘making us more influential’. The role will involve identifying common problems
Volunteer Telephone Assessors
Volunteering as part of our telephone advice team, helping people with the problems they face, providing information from our public information website. We train our telephone assessor, which help in
Volunteer Research and Campaigns Coordinator
Volunteer Research and Campaigns Coordinator Make a real difference to the lives of people in your community! Would you like to be part of fostering real change and resolving community