Customer Service & Reception Volunteer
What will you do?
- complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and relevant training
- welcome all clients and other visitors to our local offices
- explain to the client how long they might be waiting and what will happen and give out form(s) for clients to fill in
- deal with any simple enquiries
- use our customer management information system to enter in and update customer information
- answer the telephone, reply to emails and post
- help with the day to day running of the Citizens Advice service
What’s in it for you?
- gain and build on valuable skills and experience such as communication, IT skills and working in a team
- increase your employability
- contribute to the smooth running of the advice service which makes a real difference to peoples’ lives
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team.
- And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
What do you need to have?
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good IT skills
- be calm under pressure
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake appropriate training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
We can be flexible about the time spent and how often you volunteer so do come and talk to us. If you are interested we are able to invite you to a taster session so you can see what exactly is involved before we proceed to the next step.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we welcome applications from all sections of our community.
If you are interested in becoming a customer service volunteer and would like to discuss this opportunity please contact us. We may then ask you to fill in a short application form.
Jane Harris -email@example.com
If you would like to apply please feel free to complete and upload our volunteer application form; which to accessible here:
Volunteer Advice Session Supervisor
Volunteer Advice Session Supervisor What will you do? support advisers and assessors to give good quality information and advice to clients by providing an appropriate level of support and supervision.
Volunteer Telephone Assessors
Volunteering as part of our telephone advice team, helping people with the problems they face, providing information from our public information website. We train our telephone assessor, which help in
Volunteer Research and Campaigns Coordinator
Volunteer Research and Campaigns Coordinator Make a real difference to the lives of people in your community! Would you like to be part of fostering real change and resolving community