Because every local Citizens Advice is a registered charity, each has its own board of trustees.
Citizens Advice Hart Limited welcomes to our Board people of all ages, backgrounds and experience who are passionate about advice services and can bring innovative ideas, their unique perspective and good judgement.
As a trustee you would:
- actively contribute to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
- monitor whether the service meets Citizens Advice standards and how well the advice needs of the local community are being met
- support the development of Citizens Advice Hart through participation in agreed projects
- actively seeking to further the strategic objectives of Citizens Advice Hart acting in its best interests at all times
- monitor the financial position and ensuring that Citizens Advice Hart operates within its means and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management
We are particularly interested in hearing from people with skills and experience in
- fund raising
- campaigning and social policy
- media including social media.
- external relations and marketing
although skills and experience in other areas would be welcome.
You should be able to commit to being available to attend trustee board meetings and participate in committees. You should also be an effective communicator willing to participate actively in discussion.
Most trustee board meetings are held in the evening, which allows you to fit volunteering around a full time job or study.
If you would like to apply please feel free to complete and upload our volunteer application form; which is accessible here: