Our Receptionists are the public face of every local Citizens Advice, managing ‘front-of-house’ based on the information given by the advice session supervisor. Depending on the size and resources of the local Citizens Advice, the receptionist role may be carried out by more than one person.
As a receptionist you’d:
• Greet our clients and other visitors
• Answer the phone
• Ensure clients know what is happening and how long they have to wait
• Explain the services on offer
• Give clients leaflets, lists and self-help materials
• Take records of the number of client visits and how long they wait to be seen
• Keep the reception area tidy
• Enter information into computer systems.
You don’t need specific qualifications and experience but you’d need to:
• Be polite when talking to people
• Have basic computing skills
• Have an understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality
• Be friendly and approachable.
You could do this role if you are available to volunteer for 3 hours a week
If you would like to apply please feel free to complete and upload our volunteer application form; which to accessible here:
Volunteering as part of our advice team, helping to provide an effective and efficient advice service to members of the public. We train our advisers, which help in developing the
Volunteering as part of our Outreach and Communications Team helping to :- · promote and profile the work of the bureau within Odiham, Hook and Hartley Wintney to create better
Communications & Marketing
Volunteering as part of our Communication team, helping to publicise the work of Citizens Advice Hart and letting people know of the benefits of volunteering with us. We train our
Volunteer Gateway Assessors
Volunteering as part of advice services team, providing an effective and efficient triage service to members of the public. We train our assessors, which help in developing the skills needed