Volunteering as part of our Communication team, helping to publicise the work of Citizens Advice Hart and letting people know of the benefits of volunteering with us.
We train our PR volunteers enabling you to develop skills and experience across the communications mix and help you to obtain an overview of how public relations can support an organisation in the voluntary sector.
As a PR/marketing volunteer you’d help to:
• Go to external organisations to promote the CAB – this could be by giving a talk or speaking to the manager and leaving posters, leaflets etc.
• Revamp current publicity materials.
• Write press releases.
• Develop links with the local, regional and national media as appropriate, and help build contact database.
• Assist in the writing a bureau newsletter.
• Develop the bureau’s website and keeping content lively and up to date.
• Using social media including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
• Contribute to monitoring and evaluating our media coverage.
• Attend internal and external training courses (travel expenses will be reimbursed).
Research and Campaigns:
• Provide information about clients’ circumstances through the appropriate channel.
Personal Skills and Qualities:
• Have an understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and principles of the CAB service and its equality and diversity policies.
• To be able to work as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Friendly and outgoing.
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
• Able to develop links in the community.
• Respect for views, values and cultures that are different to their own.
• Being open minded, approachable and non-judgemental.
You could do this role if you are available to volunteer for 1 – 2 hours a week
If you would like to apply please feel free to complete and upload our volunteer application form; which to accessible here:
Volunteering as part of our advice team, helping to provide an effective and efficient advice service to members of the public. We train our advisers, which help in developing the
Volunteering as part of our Outreach and Communications Team helping to :- · promote and profile the work of the bureau within Odiham, Hook and Hartley Wintney to create better
Our Receptionists are the public face of every local Citizens Advice, managing ‘front-of-house’ based on the information given by the advice session supervisor. Depending on the size and resources of
Volunteer Gateway Assessors
Volunteering as part of advice services team, providing an effective and efficient triage service to members of the public. We train our assessors, which help in developing the skills needed