A brand new and groundbreaking project is recruiting…
£18,500 FTE ( pro-rata £11,100 p.a.) +5% pension contribution
15-22.5 hours a week (Monday or a Friday required in work pattern)
Fixed Term Contract : until June 2020
Location – Aldershot/ Farnborough
Joining Forces for Families is a new advice service supporting the families of serving personnel based at RAF Odiham, The Army Garrison Aldershot and Her Majesty’s Naval Base Portsmouth .
We are looking for an individual to join our team to assess the needs of the family members as they are referred into our service.You will be working closely with our Advisers, the armed forces welfare teams and other referral partners as well as the project’s delivery partners involved in the project- Citizens Advice Hart, Rushmoor Citizens Advice and Portsmouth Citizens Advice
As Assessor you may be required to work remotely at outreach locations as well as within a bureau environment. Working primarily on the phone your main responsibilities will be:
- To be the initial contact for clients and referral partners including Hampshire Adviceline
- To assess how the service can help the client
- To provide self-help information and signposting where appropriate
- To appoint to our Adviser to provide casework/advice where appropriate
- To deal with with the Hampshire Adviceline tasks/workqueues
- To follow-up with clients about their experience of using our service
- To support volunteer recruitment and induction
- To compile and maintain advice resources for all stakeholders
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at least 1 year experience of working in a customer service role or working in a related agency or social care / health environment. A good telephone manner,excellent communication skills ,competency with office IT and an appreciation of the role and values of the Citizens Advice service are essential.
Full training for the role will be provided with an opportunity to train to Adviser level according to the needs of the project.
Closing date for completed applications is 5.00 pm 4th October 2018 Interviews to be held on 16th October 2018
We value diversity, promote equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
• confidential • impartial • independent • free •