One Year Fixed Term Contract – starting September 18
£17,000 FTE+ 5% pension contribution
20 hours a week( £9,061p.a.)
25 days holiday + bank holidays ( pro-rata)
Citizens Advice Hart is a charity and part of the national Citizens Advice network. We provide a free, independent impartial and confidential advice service to around 2,500 people each year through face to face appointments, webchat, email and telephone. We help our clients find a way forward with a range of problems including accessing welfare benefits, managing debt, resolving employment and relationship and housing issues.
As Communications Officer you will be assisting the Operations Manager to build the organisation’s reputation, to make it more accessible to existing and new clients as well as to help recruit new volunteers.
Your main purpose will be:
- To develop and implement the communications action plan
- Identify target audiences, key messages and communications channels for these opportunities
- Develop relationships with local media and develop a plan working with neighbouring bureaux
- Maintain brand guidelines for all communications
- Ensure Citizens Advice Hart website is up to date with relevant and accurate content
- Maintain social media activity
- Produce marketing collateral for external promotional activity and events
- Maintain the reception environment with key messages and activities
- Support the research and campaigns team to promote its key activities and messages
- Develop the customer satisfaction surveys and analyse outputs
- Proactively market the volunteering opportunities to attract new volunteers
The ideal candidate will be working or have worked in a communications environment . You will be able to demonstrate experience of working across traditional and digital communications channels and have good aural and written communications skills, as well as competency in word, excel , PowerPoint and Publisher. If you have knowledge of online research tools, are able to work as a team and can show an appreciation of our core values and principles these are desirable qualities and skills.
This is a great flexible opportunity to apply your skills to a not for profit organisation that makes a real difference to people’s lives.
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th August 2018.
We value diversity, promote equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.