Citizens Advice Hart has excellent, dedicated staff and volunteers in both our offices in Fleet and Yateley.
However, as a large rural area, we are aware that not all our clients are able to access our local services in those locations.
We were concerned that we may not be reaching all of our community.
To combat this we have developed an outreach service. The aim of outreach work is firstly to promote our service, and secondly to run advice sessions around the Hart area.
We have particularly targeted groups that may find it harder to get into our offices during our opening hours, namely older members of our community, parents of young children and commuters.
Promotion events we have completed so far include –
• Yateley Refreshers Fair; An event to make older members of the community aware of volunteering opportunities.
• Odiham Christmas Tree Festival – We entered a Citizens Advice themed trees
• Fleet Station – Early morning sessions providing information leaflets to commuters.
Outreach advice sessions currently running include –
• Cross Borns Lunch Club, Odiham
• Parent Toddler Group – North Warnborough
• Welfare Centre – RAF, Odiham
•Events Planned for the future include –
• Running financial management sessions for parents at two primary schools in Yateley
• Attending the May Fair in Yateley
If you run a group and you think it would benefit from a visit from one of our advisers; or if you are planning an event where we could promote our service or run a pop up advice session, then please do contact us.
Citizens Advice Hart is an independent charity and part of the Citizens Advice network across England and Wales. We provide free, confidential and impartial advice. Our goal is to help everyone find a way forward, whatever problem they may face.
What to expect from your visit
Making the decision to seek help can be a difficult and emotional one, knowing what to expect when you visit our local office before you come can help make your first steps to getting the support and information less daunting.